Tuesday, June 9, 2009

School's Out

School's Out, School's Out, who let the monkeys out! I remember singing this little song at the end of the school year when I was a kid.

It seems like just yesterday when I was getting out for the summer, and how I could not wait to spend my days sleeping in and doing nothing. Those days have come and gone, and now that I am an adult I wish I had them back. Each time I hear my oldest son say I can't wait till I grow up, I just cringe. I tell him, trust me enjoy it! No bills to pay, no real worries, the joys of being a child.

Yesterday was the last day of school, until August that is. Devon finished up his 4th grade year and is now moving on up to 5th grade. How sad, it seems like yesterday I was walking him in for Kindergarten. It's amazing how fast time goes when you are older, I can think back about how slow time seemed to pass when I was younger.

Devon had a great year with all A's and B's which we are very proud of him for. He is a bright young man, and he can do the work long as he puts forth the effort. He tells me and his dad he want's to be a dentist when he grows up. This is something he has been telling us for a few years now. His dad and I tell him we just want him to grow up and do what he wants to do and it to be something that will make him happy and content in life.

Devon goes to a summer day camp here in our town and enjoys it very much, it starts next week and he can't wait. This week he is spending some time with my parents and brother, which he enjoys very much. I know that he will have a great summer. For me it will go by so fast, but for Devon I hope it goes by real slow so he can enjoy every moment of it.

2 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Our school is not out til the 25th. I can't wait. Both my boys are sleepers, so I will take advantage of a late morning once in a while!!
Following from MBC.
Check out luckyjune.blogspot.com

CasualFridayEveryDay said...

Oh yes, schools been out for awhile here. It was rough the first week, and now we've all gotten adjusted to it LOL

Nell