Monday, August 20, 2012

Growing Up

When I was little I remember all the adults around me say "enjoy the moment now, when you get my age time will pass you by."


Oh how true this really is, but you know to me there is much more to this story than life just passing me by. I wish I would have been set down and told how hard getting older can be. I am not talking about the bills and other responsibilities that come along with being an adult. I am talking about the fact that I don't remember anyone talking about how we will watch the ones that we love slowly get older and we will watch those around us die. I told my friend the other day, it's not the bills I have to pay or going to work that I dislike the most about getting older. It's the fact that I hate watching those we love getting sick or just older and then dying. It's hard, very hard and why I never put these things together as a child I will never know.

This past week I had one of these adult moments. My husband had back surgery. I have been home playing nurse and watching someone I love be in pain, weak and sick in general. I wish that I could take this from him, but I know it is a part of life and the healing process. I pray that God will heal him fast and help him through this rough patch in his life.

I can honestly say it is hard being an adult and I want to make sure as my boys become teens and into adulthood they understand the changes that will take place and how hard being an adult is really going to be.

1 comment:

Custom Boxes said...

Great post! I fully agree with you!good luck...