Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Episencial has you covered all the way as their line includes:
- Suuny Sunscreen SPF 35
- Protective Face Balm for all over relief of chapped skin and lips
- Soothing Cream for eczema, itches and bothered skin
- Sweet Dreams Bubble Bath
- Better Body Butter
- Playful Foaming Wash
- Nuturing Balm
We enjoyed smelling the products, and talking about them. We talked about how important it is to try to find the things that are good for our children while trying to help mother earth. We also talked about how for us it's hard to find in our local stores great products such as these. They smell great and we know they are great for our little ones. Each mom got her on bag of products to use on her little ones.
If you would like to get your hands on Episencial Skincare make sure to visit them at www.episencial.com! You can also check them out on Facebook at facebook.com/episencial or on Twitter @babyskincare!
Disclamer: I was sent the Episencial Skincare Collection from MomSelect to be host a for MommyParties. The above opinion is from the heart regarding Episencial Skincare.
Monday, November 22, 2010
I feel like I am behind, which I am. I have been meaning to update about Halloween and every thing else we have going on. I am a mom, student and work full time, so I haven't found a moment to do it. Well, that was until today.
I just wanted to share a couple of fall pictures with you all.
I also wanted to say....
May you and your family be blessed with family and friends, and truly be thankful for all that you have.
Thursday, November 11, 2010
Do you ever sit and think about when you were little? This afternoon, I was thinking back to when I was younger and how I use to day dream about how my life would unfold. All I could think about was how fast I wanted to grow up, and now that I am here there are days I wished I could go back being a kid. Do you ever have those days? I can remember my parents and other adults saying “Don’t wish that, it will be here before you know it.” Yeah right, I use to say to myself. Heck, I am an adult now and I am the one telling my son to stop saying the same thing. As we get older and life unfolds, I guess it is just a never ending circle of life. I now thinking about my older son’s future, and I have it all planned in my head. I can see him now, going off to college, getting a job, getting married, and having kids. Then again I wonder if it will happen like that, the way I have it all planned out. I know for me personally it did not happen the way I planned, nor the way my parents might have thought my life would turn out. I can say one thing though and that is that I am so thankful for the life God has granted me with, and I would not have it any other way.
Wednesday, November 3, 2010
Our youngest son is two years old now, but it seems just like yesterday when we brought him home. At that time it had been a while since we had a baby in the house, as our older son was fixing to turn ten. It’s amazing how you forget so many little details, and it seems like it only takes a short time too. I know just in the past two years I am already forgetting a few things with our youngest. That’s why I have came up with some great tips for you first time moms to have for when you bring your little one home.
- If you want to come home to an empty house without a lot of family there, tell them. I know I wanted help, but not the whole family there when I got home. Too this will help with the germ issue that you may be afraid of.
- Have hand sanitizer ready for those who want to touch or hold the baby. This is the easiest way to kill the germs no matter where you are at.
- When family and friend offer help, take it! I am not talking about the ones that just want to come over and hold the baby. (I know how some family members are.) I am talking about the ones who offer to cook, or offer to come do laundry, and then the ones who want to help with the baby so you can get rest.
- Gas drops are a must, and please don’t be scared of them! While we were still in the hospital we had gas issues with little man and the nurse gave him gas medicine even then. It will become your best friend. I even used store brand gas drops and they did the trick just as good as the name brand.
- Be realistic with yourself, you are going to come home tired and your significant other is too. It might be that you have to co-sleep with your little one to get some rest. I will be the first to tell you, you are not going to spoil your little one when they are that young.
- If you plan to breastfeed, relax and enjoy it. I know for the first few weeks I was like all he wants to do is eat. I would feel like I just fed him and it was time to do it again. You will feel like they are attached to you for several weeks when you first bring them home, which can be very stressful especially if you are home by yourself. Just remember it is so worth it though!
- Drink plenty of water, juice and things to keep you hydrated especially if you are breastfeeding. This will help your milk supply to stay up and hopefully bring your milk supply in faster.
- Make sure you take your “me time” as you will need it. This will help you to be a better mom to your little one. Take a long shower or bath, go to the bedroom read a book, just relax without your little one around.
- Make sure you are prepared to take care of yourself, stock up on those pads, etc that you might need when you get home. This is one thing I think a lot of us just totally forget about because we are so wrapped up in bring our little one home.
- Don’t be afraid to see a doctor if you are depressed, it happens more than you will ever know. With my first son I did get depressed bad and had to have medicine to help me. With my second son I did not get depressed. Everyone is different, but don’t think you are crazy or the only one out there that is depressed, just ask for help.
One Bonus Tip: Trust yourself, you will know how to love and take care of your little one.
“I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Lysol® Wee Wisdom blogging program, making me eligible to get a $50 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.”
Monday, November 1, 2010
Hard to believe, guess more people are getting started earlier to beat the crowds. I know this year I myself have already got an earlier start and I am turning more to the internet. This year I have ordered several things fromCSNStores.com and I know that I am planning on looking there again for Christmas gifts. They have such great items to choose from and their prices are great! One thing is they have everything I can think of from a barstool to toys and anything in between. They have your whole list covered! I can say it will be very hard for you to not find someone something from CSN Stores, so stop by and check them out.