Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Spring

Spring oh spring, where are you? I am so ready for spring, ready to be able to just put on a light jacket and head out the door in the morning. Ready to hear the birds sing, ready to see flowers and green come back in the trees. I am ready to spend more time outside, ready to take some hikes on some of the trails on the Blue Ridge Parkway. I am sure Devon will love to be able to ride his dirt bike more and for Chandler I know he is going to just love to be able to feel grass in between his little toes for the first time ever. Oh I can't wait for spring.

It's wishful thinking on my part though. It's just February in these here mountain of North Carolina and so I know from experience that it will be a few more months before we see the real spring come around. Just know spring, I can't wait to see you!

2 comments:

Jen @ One Moms World said...

I can't wait either... the canoe trips, the prices park picnics, the local park playdates, the walking trail adventures, the visits to granfather mtn, the grill outs we can have... ohhhhh ohhh ohhh I can't wait :)

Nell said...

I sure am ready for Spring. It's beautiful today, but won't stay that way long!

Nell