Monday, May 10, 2010

Amazing Life

It's amazing how life can change in the blink of the eye, sometimes for the worse and sometimes for the better. We never know what is going to happen from day to day. Yes, we might have it planned out, but we don't know if we are going to be in a car wreck, wake up and be sick, or even our kid’s wake up and be sick. I have come to terms that I need to be happy in the moment that I am living and to be content with it. God wants us to be content and happy with what he has given us in life. Yes, I may wish that I had that new shirt or paints, however if I can't afford them at the moment I need to learn to be content with that I do have. To be thankful to God above that I do have pants and shirts to put on, it don't matter if they are not new, just as long as I have them to put on. I think about those less fortunate that don’t have that pair of pants to put on.

I think sometimes in life things happen and we ask why? Why did God just give this problem to me, like I don't have enough on my plate? I mean really? I think we have all been there and done that. I don't think that we would be Christians if we didn't ask our self questions like that. I know I shouldn’t ask that question, but I am human.

The thing that I turn to and always try to remember and tell myself and others around me going through a hard snap is that God will never give us more than we can handle, no matter how bad things might seem in that moment.

I think back to my Aunt Lois, she was my dad's oldest sister. I would stay with her and pay with my cousins, but she would always make sure we had bible devotions each morning. I can always remember this one verse that has stuck with me and I always remember it when things get bad.

Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. Matthew 7:7

The thing about that verse, that might Aunt Lois use to tell me, is that it might not be the moment in which you want it to happen, but he is listening and knows what’s best for us and in time he will show us the way. We must trust in him and follow him to receive his many blessing no matter if they are good, or seem bad as there is a reason for everything.

No comments: