Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Weight

It's amazing, well it is to me. How our mind works, for me it's not until I see pictures of myself that I really see what others see.

Since the first of the year I have my mind set on reaching my goal weight. I am still 10lbs away from my goal, but I can't believe after looking at these pictures how far I have come.




I can say I am the smallest I have ever been in my adult life, for me this is hard work considering I have PCOS. I have learned to love working out and eating right, and I have lost a total of 55lbs doing so. Don't get me wrong I do enjoy my favorite foods, but I know when to stop.

The thing about this is even though I am wearing a size 6-8, I still feel that I am big and I can not get that out of my mind. Even when I look in the mirror I don't see the person in the bottom picture, I see my old big self.

Have any of you gone through this? How do you over come it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I know that takes a lot of hard work. (Or good meds. I got up to 200 lbs. before we found out I have thyroid disease. I now weigh--well, too much, but I'm not, strictly speaking, fat. I still see that lumpy, dumpy fat girl when I look in the mirror, too. I think I always will. I just haven't managed to shake the feeling that I'm just looking in a skinnier mirror. My real self is still