Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Prayers for Uncle Eddie

My dad called just last week to tell me that my uncle Ed (Eddie, as I would call him) had called. He is my mother’s brother who lives in Benton Harbor, MI. Come to find out it was not a normal call, and he had called to tell us bad news. They had found out that he has stomach cancer.

Today they are going in to remove part of the stomach, and I hope that God will watch over him and guide the doctors. God is so good and wonderful and I know that he hears the many prayers going up for Uncle Eddie and will answer them.

Long as I can remember Eddie has always lived in MI, I can remember him coming down time from time when I was smaller. He would send my brother and I leather bags, etc. that he had made. I can even remember my grandmother going to MI for a visit which was unheard of because she did not go anywhere. I even went to the beach for the first time with him, it was just for one night, but I do remember that trip like it was yesterday. It was the first time I ever heard any one call a drink… Pop. Pop what in the heck was that?? Northern thing, guess he lived to long in the north and forgot that us people in the south call it a drink or soda. ;-)
I really thought he was asking me if I wanted a pop, like to be hit. Now I know that we southerners have our own language.

It was not until I got older that I really got to know my uncle Eddie, he started coming down more to see my grandfather before he passed away. My mother and him have become very close over the past 10 or so years. Even my parents have gone to visit twice. We went with them the second time and had a wonderful time. It is one place that I would like to live if I ever was to leave these mountains of NC. Lake MI is very neat, nothing like I thought that it would be, it was like looking at the ocean. I know my husband and father both enjoyed the fishing that they do up there, it's different from here. My husband told me the other day that we need to go back up there so he could fish with Eddie again; I know my dad would enjoy that again too. Uncle Eddie get better so we can come for a visit! We are sending prayers up for you and we love you!

You are in God’s hands and he will take care of you! We Love You!

2 comments:

Nell said...

Cindy, I'll say a prayer for your uncle. HUGS to you and your family.

Nell

Jen @ One Moms World said...

As you know, he is definitely in our prayers. May God give him the strength to get through this!!!