Friday, October 30, 2009

Things in life....

they just don't always go as we want them to. I have noticed that so much this year. I just sit back and take it day by day and turn it over to the Lord. There is not much else to do right?

I know it's all God's plan and I need to leave it at that. I am like a little kid though can't wait to see what is going to happen next. In time I will see his plan as he has shown me time and time again in my life, but I can't help but sit back and wonder. This weekend we are taking a much needed family trip to a small town in VA, called Burke's Garden. A good friend of my dad's owns a solar cabin there and we love to go for a visit. We went back last Thanksgiving and enjoyed it so much we are going back. Going back to enjoy the peace and quite, back to the nature and to take in the much need simple life. I think to many of us take the simple things in life for granted. I know that I do, and that's why a big change is in order for me and my family. Back to the basics, back where I know I should be.

1 comment:

MIG said...

I agree that we take the simple things in life for granted. Sometimes I like to sit back and think about all the things I've been blessed with, starting with my family of course.