Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The New Adventures of Old Christine


Old Christine's world is crazy! Not only does she have to deal with her ex-husband Richard (who's still very much in her life, inspite of the fact he has new girlfriend also named Christine), but she also lives with her brother Matthew while raising her son Richie as a single mom. On top of that, she owns a gym with her best friend Barb, frequently goes on dates, and has to deal with the "meanie-moms" at her son's private school? Some how, though, Christine manages to juggle it all!

I think for many of us Mom's out there we can relate to this show. I know I sure can even though I am not divorced, a single mom or have my brother living with me. How do I relate to her? Well for the simple fact of juggling it all as a mom. What mom is not busy? I mean really if there is one out there I would love to meet with her. ;o)

I know from my own stand point that I fell like Christine sometimes at my sons school. Please do not get me wrong, I find nothing wrong with stay at home moms and I think it's great that you can do that and I wished I could. However reality for me is that I can not do that, but I do like to help out at my sons school as much as possible and my job allows me time to do so. Like I said before though at times I have felt like Christine with some of the moms at my sons school. As a lot of them are stay at home moms seem to be rude to moms like me who want to help out but are made to feel not as welcome or in their click. I have wanted to be like Christine many times and say something like she would, however that's not the Christian in me and I will not stoop to there level even though it has crossed my mind.

I think in some fashion all us moms can relate in some way to Christine and if you haven't seen the show you should! It's a great show to watch and maybe have some personal time to relax and laugh.

Tune in to "The New Adventures of Old Christine" 5 days a week! Check out http://www.oldchristineweekdays.com/listings/ to find your local show times.

Disclosure: I have been hired by Warner Bros WBWord division to raise awareness for 'The New Adventures of Old Christine'