Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Stop......

Over this past week at my full time job we lost an employee of a massive heart attack, who was only 53 years old. It was a shock to us all and we are dealing with it the best we can. This week has opened my eyes, and has made me really think about life. I have thought about what is important to me in life and what I hope to accomplish in life.

We all hear how we can all be taken from this life in a blink of an eye. However, until you go through having someone die close to you that you didn’t expect to be taken that early in life, I don’t really think anyone knows what that saying really means.

For me it has really opened my eyes this week, as I am being more aware of things around me and my family. I guess you could say the small things that we really don’t think about in our daily life. It really has made me STOP and think about life, and ask myself if I die today is there anything I wish I would have done. Also, if I died today would my family know what to do? I am not talking about living without me; I am saying my last wishes as to where I want to be buried, what I want to wear, etc. Who really STOPS and thinks about things like that at my age? I mean really?

I ask you to take a moment STOP and think about your life as we are not guaranteed another moment on this earth.

No comments: